Pierre Ranked Second Best Capital City
Pierre is one of the best capital communities to call home. That’s according to SmartAsset, a financial advice technology company that provides accurate, concise, and automated advice on big personal finance decisions, which named Pierre the second best Capital city in the nation.
The ranking was released October 1, 2014, and was based on five factors including:
• Violent Crime per 100,000 People
• Property Crime per 100,000 PeopleUnemployment Rate
• Discretionary Income (Average annual income minus average yearly rent for a two-bedroom apartment)
• Number of Dining and Entertainment Establishments per 10,000 People
Pierre’s strong economy paired with community security helped catapult it to the top of the rankings. SmartAsset showed Pierre has the fourth highest discretionary income and fifth lowest crime rate of the nation’s capitals.
“It’s all about quality of life,” said Mayor Laurie Gill. “Pierre has a lot to offer both professionally and personally, and our citizens enjoy those opportunities in a safe and neighborly community. That’s a luxury you can’t find everywhere.”
Here’s how Pierre ranked in the remaining categories.
• Unemployment Rate: 2nd lowest
• Property Crime per 100,000 People: 14th lowest
• Dining and Entertainment: 2nd highest
“State capitals act as important hubs for states - usually for government and beyond. We wanted to determine how the 50 capital cities stacked up against each other and Pierre came in as the second best capital city to live in,” said AJ Smith Smart Asset’s Managing Editor “Our research made it very clear that Pierre is truly a great place to call home -ranking well in each of the five categories we considered.”
For a complete list of Capital City rankings, visit Best State Capitals to Live In.