- Solid Waste
- Solid Waste Facility
Solid Waste Facility
Hours of Operation
Monday- Friday: 8am - 5pm
Saturdays: 9am - 1pm
Roll off containers are available evenings and weekends for yard waste and trees.
Roll Off Bins
Roll off bins are available at the Solid Waste Facility, 2800 East Park, for yard waste, trees and recyclables. You are not required to cross the scale for these items. An access key or credit card payment is necessary to access the bins.
The bins are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All items, other than yard waste, tree, and recyclables must cross the scale to make payment and receive dumping directions.
Materials Accepted at Solid Waste Facility
Vehicles hauling loads of garbage, rubble or trees that are not secured or covered to eliminate spills can be assessed a fine up to $20. This policy is strictly enforced.
Appliances / Metal
- Scrap metal items
- Appliances (non Freon containing) – stoves, microwaves, water heaters
- Appliances containing Freon (refrigerators, freezers) are only accepted if:
- Freon has been removed by a certified person
- A completed form with signature from a certified Freon removal service is provided with appliance
Customers must be pre-authorized to use the scale at the landfill. All landfill customers must have an established charge account with the Solid Waste Facility.
For questions about landfill services, call 605.773.7434.
Garbage / Household Trash / Large Items
- Household garbage
- Furniture – Couches, recliners, beds, dishwashers, etc.
- Treated wood – green treat, railroad ties, brown treated
- Vinyl siding
- Recycling bins are available after hours and weekends at the Pierre Solid Waste Facility, 2400 East Park Street, Pierre, S.D.
- Construction debris including wood, sheet rock, shingles, PVC pipe, and similar inert wastes
- Small loads can use roll off containers at Solid Waste Facility
- Large loads must be scaled; after scaling, they will be diverted to the landfill
The rubble pit is located at the Regional Landfill. No mixed loads are accepted. Separation of mixed loads is required. Any loads dumped that are not separated will be assessed additional fees, and future loads will be subject to rejection.
For more information, call 605.773.7434.
- Tree branches
- Large trees/trunks (must be 6 foot or less in length)
- Root systems (must have dirt removed)
- Grass / yard clippings
- Garden waste
- Small loads should use roll off bins
- Large loads must cross scale; after scaling, large loads will be diverted to Material Recovery Site